•   about 6 years ago

HARDWARE - looking for teammates and ideas

Hi all,

Michael here - this is my first hardware hackathon and I wanted to reach out to see if people wanted to chat before this weekend about teams, ideas, protips, etc.

I have a couple ideas I'll post below but I'm open to anything. Broad categories I'm interested in: food / cooking, transportation, kinetic art (don't know if that's relevant here!).

Potential Ideas:
- Connected flow sensor for home water usage monitoring
- Mirror / display similar to this: http://hackaday.com/2014/05/01/mirror-mirror-on-the-wall/ but using curated content like google now integration or something
- Airbag computer / tablet case (Accelerometer detects fall, triggers valve, inflates bag - unwieldy but more fun than a gel case!)

Cheers,
Michael

• 7 comments

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hey Michael. I'm interested in doing a hardware hack too. A friend and I were thinking about something with a self-driving RC car but also, open to anything.

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hi Elaine - What were you thinking about doing with a self driving RC car? Your comment got me thinking about different toy hacks and I thought up another idea. A laser tag game where you dock your phone on a gun "controller" to give the game an augmented reality / connectedness dimension - matchmaking, keep score, buy power ups, have a radar, etc. Moves kids outside, running around and having fun instead of just sitting in front of their phone on the couch.

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hey guys! I am also interested in the doing a hardware hack. Just bouncing off the idea of kids moving around, we could create a kit or a puzzle that allows the kids to use their imagination. With the self-driving RC car, we could make it as a kit that the kids could work with it. They could customize it to their imagination.

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hey guys, I love the idea of the mirror. We could integrate it with the Zalando Fashion Feed API (https://api-doc.dz.zalan.do/) to build some awesome shopping experiences. If you'd like to team up with us Berlin guys contact us. Btw you can also win $3000!

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hello guys, I have an idea for an internet small internet connected smart display. i have worked with IoT devices and have experience working with firmware and hardware and i'm open to ideas as well.

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hi All,
    would love to participate as well as contribute some ideas for product.
    Have experience with wireless, DSP, bluetooth, and more. hacker and husler.

•   •   about 6 years ago

Hi guys if you are still looking for teammates call/text me at 404 488 5027!

Comments are closed.